This shot is an attacking back foot stroke, usually played to a short pitched ball and should be hit square of the wicket on the off-side.
• Remember to start with a relaxed balanced stance. Your head should be still and your eyes level.
• Take your backswing and a comfortable step backwards, with your back leg, in one motion.
• You should establish a firm base with your weight on your back leg.
• With this shot your shoulders should rotate towards the offside.
• Your shoulders then rotate horizontally as you accelerate the bat towards the ball.
• As with the Pull Shot, this is a cross-batted shot. You should therefore hit with a high to low action, ensuring that the ball is hit downwards to prevent a possible catching opportunity.
• Your bat should follow through a natural line, but ensure you maintain your balance.
Back to top